Tryouts are scheduled for Wednesday from 7:30 to 8:30 and Friday from 2:00 to 3:30 as of now.
Again we only have 11 skaters tested or vaccinated. The issue we are having now is we must test the week before any events. So by us getting tested at the school, this week counts for next week. (It makes no sense). Since only 8 people tested or showed vaccination cards last week, we are in the same situation for tryouts.
I will need to know a few things by 4:00 pm this afternoon:
1. Can you get vaccinated today or tomorrow on your own?
2. If you haven't tested at the school today, will you test by tomorrow? ( yes, that is 2 tests in a week)
3. If the school is mandating vaccination, will you be getting vaccinated?
4. If not vaccinated, did you already submit your Religious or Health exemption form to the school?
I will need those answers ASAP!
If I do not hear back from the majority of the players, I will again have to postpone the tryouts. The season is starting on October 2nd, and we need to start practicing.
Also, if you are vaccinated, you need to submit a copy of your card to 1) Health services and 2) Athletics. Again, this can be at any Campus.
Again I need to know by 4:00 pm.
COVID protocol for Suffolk Athletics states that Anyone who is not tested and verified by the school cannot skate at tryouts. If you are vaccinated, you must have your vaccination card on file with the school.
Tryouts on Wednesday and Friday are postponed next week. However, there will be a mandatory interested player meeting at the Dix Hills Ice Rink on Friday, September 10th, at 4:30 pm. No equipment is necessary.
Dix Hills Ice Rink
You must attend both tryout. The fee is $150 which includes both sessions
You must have full gear to be on the ice, including MOUTH GAURD
Before you attend tryouts you will need to complete a few mandatory items
1) Physical completed and returned on September 8th
2) COVID testing - must be completed the week before tryouts (Should be done the week of 8/29) use this link to schedule an appointment at your campus.
Testing will be required every Monday if selected for the team
3) Complete hockey packet and turn in the day of tryout with tryout fee.
Stay up to date with the Sharks. Sign up here